The Dysphagia Research Society is organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes.
In particular, the purposes of the Society are:
- to enhance and encourage research pertinent to normal and disordered swallowing and related functions
- to attract and encourage new investigators to the field and foster their development in a collegial and supportive environment
- to encourage interdisciplinary research
- to promote the dissemination of knowledge related to normal and disordered swallowing
- to provide a multidisciplinary forum for presentation of research into normal and disordered swallowing
- to foster new methodologies and instrumentation in dysphagia research and its clinical applications